For months, and even almost a year now, I’ve sought to do a post like this. And out of my infamous writer’s block that has manifested itself since my second semester of freshman year (so over 1.5 years ago from this day), I’ve decided to keep my promises and do a post about 100 random things about me. Thus, insuring you that there is indeed more to me than my blog and pharmacy school. Anyway, here it goes;:
100 Random Things About Me:
- As far as my ethnicity is concerned, I’m Indian. Both of my parents are from Mother India and as far as I know, with the exception of my great great ancestors from who-knows-where, so is the rest of my family. (Race was the second thing about myself that I could think of. Plus, many people have asked me out of curiosity anyway. I assume it’s because of my name/last name sounding absolutely nothing close to Patel. (A huge shoutout to all of the Patels at STLCOP) :)
2. Except for a few friends, many people don’t know how obsessed with makeup I am, despite how I never dress up at school (I love my sleep too much to get up even a minute earlier than I have to), I love doing makeup when special occasions come around and I certainly love doing my friends’ makeup. I’m not perfect at doing others’ makeup, but I wouldn’t mind getting a job at Sephora or any other makeup place to do other’s makeup and sharpen my skills in the craft. In fact, while in high school, I considered being a biochemist so I could work for my favorite makeup brands. Who knows? Maybe I’ll be able to do that one day with my pharmacy degree? And if you ever see me in Biochem watching the latest makeup tutorials instead of looking at powerpoints, well, don’t say I didn’t tell you. #Priorities
3. My favorite shows are the following: Lost (hands down), Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, How To Get Away With Murder (Team Shonda Rhimes for all the people who know who she is. And if you don’t, google her!), Jane the Virgin, Mistresses, and others that I clearly can’t remember right now.
4. One of my *hobbies* is running (it takes a while for me to be motivated) but after I run a good five miles, I thank myself a million times over. I’m actually attempting to successfully train this time for a 10K in Chicago in August of 2016. Emphasis on the part where I mention that I’m attempting it.
5. My favorite colors are red or green. I can’t decide between the two. To do such a thing is blasphemy.
6. I have three siblings. I have an older sister, a younger sister, and a younger brother.
7. Current pets: I have 8 parakeets back home. My parents are looking to increase their collection. Snapchat friends, y’all know what I’m talking about. I had a cat at one point in my life, but the first one had to be returned. And the second cat I had ran away. Not surprised at all. But I’ll cherish the memories.
8. Pinterest is probably the app I use the most. And when I’m stressed, I usually try to cool off with some attempts at making Pinterest desserts.
9. Nicknames I have/had: Freeny (my close friends call me that), Hermit, and Switz :)
10. I had glasses since I was 5 years old. I think it’s because I faked having bad vision. And believe me, if I could go back in time, I would tell my 5 year old self how stupid of an idea that was.
11. The languages I know/speak besides English: Hindi, Urdu, and a little Spanish (I used to be able to speak it really well. I actually translated for a family at one point. I even considered minoring in it at another school I was supposed to attend. Currently, I’d like to improve on my skills and remember all the Spanish I’ve forgotten.
12. I want to write a novel one day. Maybe. I don’t exactly have time now. And while I have some ideas, in the meantime, I write short stories/articles and publish them online on a blog called Coming of Faith. Check out my story Scrubbing Away Dark Skin!
13. My current jam right now is Make Me Proud by Drake. I’ve had this song on my phone for the longest time and never really listened to it until two days ago. And it’s been on repeat ever since.
14. I love listening to Acapella. It amazes me how people can imitate instruments. Which leaves me to my next random fact:
15. I CANNOT sing for my life. I can pretend. But one of my goals is to do a karaoke jam sesh with my friends at Drunken Fish. Their karaoke nights are on Monday nights. I would encourage anyone to go there for cheap sushi and a good time.
16. I like to think I created the word “Netflixing” because well, I say it all the time. If YOLO can be a word, I don’t see how Netflixing can’t be a word too.
17. I’m from Chicago, Illinois. (along with the other 50% of the STLCOP population) ;P
18. It takes me a good millennium to pick out emojis. And looking for a specific emoji is the worst because it takes me even longer to find it on my keyboard.
19. The snooze button on my alarm clock is the greatest gift that God has ever given me. Can I get a raise of hands that agree?
20. If I was to go to a concert right now, I would go to a concert by the following artists: Coldplay, One Republic, Lorde, or Timeflies. Nothing else beats that. And maybe even Beyoncé. Because she’s awesome too.
21. My favorite songs by Beyoncé would be End of Time, Countdown, Upgrade You, and Halo. And If I Was a Boy. So basically every song by her.
22. I LOVE guacamole. Anything with avacadoes, really. I’m still learning guacamole recipes, though. Not exactly perfect with that. Thank the universe for Pinterest.
23. I enjoy listening to spoken word poetry. It’s amazing and although I’ve tried doing it once, I’ve decided I’m better off listening, which I don’t mind too much.
24. When I turn 30, I want to take a “solocation” (a vacation by yourself) to someplace out of the country. I’ve decided this after watching Eat, Pray, and Love featuring Julia Roberts. (Refer to last blog post about how amazing I think she is.)
25. I’m a workaholic. I love being busy. Relaxing is fine for the first 24 hours but afterwards, I start to feel fidgety.
26. My favorite restaurants here in St. Louis would be Sameem’s (absolutely LOVE their kabobs), The Vine, and Racanelli’s Pizza.
27. The one thing I could order for DAYS from Coffee Cartel would be their Green Tea Milkshake. Although it seems like green tea and milk shakes could never mix, you will think otherwise when you try it.
28. I am 1000% addicted to chocolate. I have to be careful with myself when I buy Nutella because I may end up finishing a whole container of it within a few hours. One of the hardest things I have ever done is the 122 Day No Chocolate Challenge. No, it’s not some widespread campaign. I made it up. And I did it because I wanted to be healthier and in all honesty, it’s definitely changed my life.
29. I really want to go to Maryland. It’s random, but I’ve always wanted to go to that particular state for some reason.
30. I love going on road trips. I’ve gone on so many as a kid. I’ve driven all the way to Georgia, to New York, and back. Needless to say, it was definitely a lot of time in the car. As of now, I’ve been to about 14 states total by car.
31. Countries I’ve been to: India and the UAE.
32. Puppies and kittens are my weakness. Usually after I watch a scary movie trailer, I watch videos of kittens to make myself less scared. It’s embarrassing, I know. but don’t tell me you haven’t done that at one point.
33. I’m five feet tall and four inches. And a quarter (of an inch.) I always feel obligated to add that when I tell people my height.
34. The most scariest movie I’ve ever watched is The Ring. It’s the first scary movie I’ve watched and I still don’t have the guts to watch it again.
35. Favorite books: A Thousand Splendid Suns. I don’t read my favorite books more than twice. It’s usually because I already know what’s going to happen next.
* I would have written 100 random facts instead, but this post is already over 1400 words in length. And no one wants to read more than 100 words. Just saying.
Until my next blog post,